Erectile Dysfunction: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment brings to your perusal the causes of erectile dysfunction and also proffers solutions.
Erectile dysfunction can be seen as a male reproductive system malfunction that occurs when a man cannot get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse to take place.
It has for over the years been a major cause of impotency in Nigeria and has led to many broken homes and relationships. It is practically the worst sexual disorder in man.
1. Circulatory system disorders
The disease is closely associated with the activities of the circulatory system which implies that without enough blood flow to the penis, a person cannot achieve an erection.
2. High blood pressure and cholesterol levels in the body
This is a condition that causes the clogging of blood vessels to cause erectile dysfunction.
4. Excessive Tobacco intake
This restricts blood flow to veins and arteries, and over time can cause chronic health conditions that lead to erectile dysfunction.
5. Emotional challenges
Some emotional problems like relationship-related stress, trauma, etc. can actually lead to slow response sexually leading to problems or an inability to maintain an erection.
Read Also: Foods to Avoid During Menstrual Period
6. Health-related challenges
Some health challenges like obesity, diabetes, surgical operations that had affected the pelvic area or spinal cord, body fat around the waist, etc. could lead to erectile dysfunction.
Amidst the chronic nature of this sexual disorder, it can be treated by a medical professional especially if diagnosed on time.
Erectile dysfunction can last for a few years or could be lifelong depending on practices adopted after diagnosis.
The early stages of Erectile dysfunction have signs which are so obvious ranging from trouble getting an erection, keeping an erection, and a reduced sexual desire, and as such, the attention of medical personnel ought to be sought for when such symptoms prevail so as to curb the risks associated.
Read Also: Drug Abuse And Effects
- Alcohol and drug abuse should be brought to the minimum.
- Since some psychological conditions like depression, anxiety, stress, and other relationship-related problems ranging from poor communication, stress, etc. could hamper sexual excitement leading to reduced erection, it is advisable to find help for anxiety, depression, or other mental health concerns.
- People with diabetes, heart diseases, or other chronic health situations should try as much as they can to work closely with their doctors and nutritionist as this will go a long way to reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- The best solution to the disease is to make healthy lifestyle choices and to manage any existing health conditions because an unsatisfactory sex life is not worth living.