Low sperm count can render a man’s life useless if not tackled. This is why it is necessary to proffer Solutions to Low Sperm Count in Nigeria.
Low sperm count (oligospermia) is a situation in which the semen ejaculated or released when having sex contains low sperm than normal.
Solutions to Low Sperm Count
Read Also: Solutions to Divorce in Nigeria
It is not that there is no sperm present in the semen (this is another case called azoospermia), it is just that it is low. Every milliliter of semen in a man’s body contains nothing fewer than fifteen million sperm.
A man with low sperm counts most times lacks the capacity of impregnating his wife. This is because even though it is only one sperm out of the 15 million that is required to fertilize the eggs in the body of a woman, the woman’s body needs a reasonable amount of eggs to make the fertilization process possible.
There are a lot of causes of low Sperm count which includes:
- Environmental causes such as Chemical exposure, x-rays, overheating the testicles, etc.
- Medical causes such as infection, ejaculation problem, varicocele, tumor, etc.
- Lifestyle causes such as occupation, smoking, use of unhealthy drugs, alcohol, emotional stress, weight, depression, etc.
Solutions to Low Sperm Count
Considering the fact that it has caused a break out in so many marriages, what are the Solutions to Low Sperm Count in Nigeria?
1. Seeing the causes of low Sperm count, one of the things you can do is to change your lifestyle
Look at the causes of this challenge and conduct an evaluation in your life to check and see if you are currently practicing something that will cause a low sperm count in the nearest future.
Most people may not take the evaluation on their habits seriously simply because they feel good when they practice the bad things they have been doing but in the long run, it will be discovered that a proper evaluation in the day to day activities that a person carries out pays far better than living in the oblivion of the health detriments their actions bring to pass.
Read Also: Exercise and Benefits of Doing Exercise
2. Another thing is proper sensitization
Medical institutions, practitioners, and students should sensitize the masses on some common things they are doing that may ultimately lead to Low Sperm Count.
Information is power, people especially men should be armed with the information on how to prevent this embarrassing situation before it becomes a major case because the wise man was really wise when he said that ‘prevention is better than cure.
3. Do a lot of exercises
This helps to balance your hormones and increase healthy sperm. It does not have to be the most strenuous one, just do regularly anything they will help your heart beat faster.
If you must be x-rayed, request protective clothing to cover yourself at all times. Don’t expose yourself to situations that sponsor the frying of your sperm cells.
Read Also: Problems Facing Health Care in Nigeria
4. Those who are involved in jobs like welding, should wear protective clothing
They should not do their jobs to the detriment of their health in the long run.
5. Insecticides should be used only when human inhalation will be reduced to the minimum
There is no need to get a temporal relief that stores up a lot of long-time challenges.
6. Eats a lot of fruits and vegetables
This is not to say that you should become a vegetarian, rather, let fruits and vegetables constitute a major part of your daily meal.
Read Also: Health Benefits of Tomatoes
7. It is also advisable that one goes for a medical checkup from time to time to know how the body is.
It prevents sudden ailments and worst-case scenarios.