How to prepare Tapioca is provided in detail in this article. We hope you pay attention to it and learn accordingly. Happy reading!
Read Also: How to Prepare Salad in Nigeria
Tapioca is a starchy food extracted from the cassava root. It is not original to Nigeria. However, since cassava is widely grown in Nigeria, many Nigerians have started preparing.
If you do not know how to make tapioca, then this post will show you how. To prepare a tapioca meal, you need tapioca starch.
Read Also: How to Prepare Doughnut in Nigeria
Here are steps on how to prepare Tapioca in Nigeria
You can decide to produce your own starch through the following step:
- Get healthy cassava tubers, peel, wash and have them finely grated.
- Wash the pulp with a large quantity of water to strain out the chaff and separate the starch.
- Leave the starchy water so that the starch can settle or gather at the bottom.
- After some hours, drain off the water and you will be left with white pulpy starch. You can rewash the starch to completely get rid of impurities.
- Extract the starch and dry it either over low oven heat or the sun. When the starch is dry, break it until you have a fine flour. Your tapioca flour or granule is ready.
Read Also: Health Benefits of Tomatoes
To cook a tapioca meal, you need:
- Tapioca flour or granules
- Coconut milk
- Milk and water.
- You can add any flavor of your choice and then,
- Soak the tapioca flour in a bowl of water for about 15 minutes
- Pour the soaked flour into a saucepan.
- Pour in your coconut milk and a reasonable amount of water into the pot too.
- Simmer it over low heat so that it doesn’t burn.
- Cook until it becomes thick and creamy. That should be for about 10 minutes.
- Add whatever spicy flavor you want to add and stir before bringing it down.
- Add sugar and milk and serve.
Read Also: Foods and Fruits Smokers Should Not Avoid
Tapioca is a very good breakfast. It can be eaten with Akara, moimoi, fried plantain, etc.