5 Ways to make household budgeting are explained herein, and we do hope that you find the article helpful and informative.
Read Also: The Importance of Budget in Nigeria
A household budget is a plan for the future expenditures of a given household. When you talk about money management, household budgeting is a very relevant thing.
A family budget is a useful device that can help a family achieve what their need is both now and in the future. It is needful for one to know how relevant and essential household budgeting is. Let’s get started!
1. It can help avoid the use of limited family money for items, which are not important to the family.
2. It enables the family to take an overview of the use of their income, it simply shows that the expenditure can be seen in perspective.
Read Also: What Every Mother Should Know
3. It enables the family to make decisions as to what is to be included and what to omit.
4. It helps to prevent impulsive buying so that the expenditure of the family income is based on thoughtful considerations.
5. A budget determines the use of other resources.
6. Budgeting can also provide a way for training children in the use of money.
The focus of this article is on the relevance of making a household budget with practical steps:
1. First and foremost you have to list all the commodities and services needed by family members throughout the proposed budget period such as food, clothes, school fees, electricity bills, and so on.
Read Also: How to Become a Chef in Nigeria
2. Then simply make an estimate of the cost of the needs you had previously set properly in their manner of importance.
3. Estimate the total expected income planned period after you had taken notice of the cost for the planned period.
4. You have to bring the expected income and expenditure into balance. Though you are away that you could get certain items as gifts but it is better to have a surplus than have a deficit.
5. Finally, you have to check the budget to ensure that it is likely to succeed.
Furthermore, this budget is meant to meet two kinds of needs. Primary needs are very important needs that are basic to the survival of the family. In many cases, these primary needs are common to all families depending on their budget.
Read Also: Foods and Fruits Smokers Should Not Avoid
Food needs are a primary need that is very important for good health and defers certain factors such as number, age levels, health, sex, occupation, and income of the members of the family.
Also, housing, clothing, and health care are other primary needs. This is because every family requires good shelter when it comes to housing.
Some families build or buy or even rent houses to serve as shelter. Family members also require good basic clothing for protection and it is essential for family members to set aside some amount of money for health care services when budgeting for household needs.
On the other hand, the secondary needs vary with different families and depend mainly on one’s socioeconomic status or simply one’s level of income.
These secondary needs include recreation, personal allowance otherwise called pocket money, for family members, extra clothing, family car among others.
Read Also: How to Prepare Fried Rice in Nigeria
Conclusively, there are many needs to provide for a family. Therefore it is essential to establish priorities when making household budgets.