How to Become an Immigration Officer in Nigeria brings to your perusal the necessary step to step guide on how to become an Immigration Officer in Nigeria.
Nigerian Immigration Service Recruitment 2021
Have you ever nursed the desire to take part in immigration processes in Nigeria? Do you always wonder how foreigners get to have access to our country?
Read Also: How to Become a Diplomat in Nigeria
Do you feel that border patrol is not adequate? If your answer is in the affirmative, then I advise you to join the Nigerian Immigration Services.
To become an immigration officer in Nigeria, you need to join the Nigerian Immigration Services. The Nigerian Immigration Services is the body saddled with the responsibility of coordinating all immigration protocols in Nigeria.
Read Also: How to Become a Lecturer in Nigeria
They are responsible for the issuance of all classes of international passports. Nigerian immigration services regularly conduct recruitment exercises into the force.
Presently, recruitment is done on their website and not manually. To join the Nigerian immigration services, there are certain conditions that must be met.
Here are Steps on How to Become an Immigration Officer in Nigeria
1. To qualify to apply, you must be a bona fide Nigerian citizen. If not, you are not allowed to apply.
2. The age qualification is a minimum age of 18 years of age and a maximum of 35. You must show evidence of your age by presenting your birth certificate or age declaration at registration.
Read Also: How to Become a Journalist in Nigeria
3. If you are a male applicant, you must not be shorter than 1.7 meters. If you are female, your minimum height should be 1.64 meters.
4. You must have as your chest width a minimum of 87 centimeters.
5. You must be certified to be fit physically and medically before you are accepted. That means you will have to present a certificate of medical fitness from a reputable medical institution.
6. A stammerer is not qualified for recruitment into the NIS.
7. A visually impaired applicant is not qualified.
8. If you have a hearing defect, you are not qualified.
9. If you have a flat foot, you cannot be accepted.
10. Previously undergoing orthopedic surgery disqualifies one too.
Read Also: How to Become an Engineer in Nigeria
11. You must be of good moral behavior
12. You must not possess a criminal record prior to your application.
13. A debtor is not qualified to apply for the Nigerian Immigration Services.
After confirming that you have met the above qualifications, you can apply for the job. To apply you should visit https://www.nis.fedcivilservice.gov.ng.
After logging on to the website, select the immigration services option, and move on to register an account. When you sign up, you will receive a mail through the email account you provided and you have to verify your account through the mail.
After verification, you need to fill in all the required details. You need to provide the details of your educational qualification, medical situation, details of previous employment, history with the military, and civil service.
Read Also: How to become SAN in Nigeria
Your residential address will be asked and you are to provide it. Continue the registration process and preview your recorded details to confirm that your entries are correct.
After the verification, click on “submit” and your entry will be approved. You will be shortlisted and called for an interview and if found worthy, you will be employed to work for the Nigerian Immigration Services.