How To Prevent Gas And Fire Explosions are discussed herein. We hope you find the article instructive, insightful, and informative.
How To Prevent Gas And Fire Explosions at Home
Read Also: Base Metal Iron, Steel, and Engineering Services Sector
Gas Explosions occur when the gas cylinder is not properly handled. This often results in an unpredictable or can cause considerable damage if the situation is not properly taken care of.
This article will focus on How to Prevent Gas Explosions and Fire Explosions and both will be considered independently.
Read Also: Best Ways to Invest Your Money in Nigeria
To prevent a gas explosion, the following should be considered:
1. Gas cookers must be properly lit or illuminate
2. To ignite ranges that have a pilot on, the main gel must be ignited from the pilot.
3. Only qualified personnel must do the installation, maintenance, and servicing of equipment and tools that use gas.
4. If possible, buy equipment that has an emergency cut-off.
5. If the smell of gas is perceived, do not go near with naked light then open windows, and doors and shut outgas from the cylinder or main valve.
6. Ensure there is adequate ventilation anywhere a gas cylinder is available.
Read Also: Aluminum Smelter Company (ALSCON)
On the other hand, Fire can be caused by naked light, gas, hot objects, or electricity. The easiest way of preventing fire is to ensure that there is a fire extinguisher in areas like kitchens, buildings, offices, and even residential places. Fire is a chemical reaction involving the bonding of oxygen with the production of heat and the absence of flames.
The often accidental occurrence of fire in a certain place often leads to the full or partial destruction of properties and assets. It is vital to know how to prevent fire or the use of fire extinguishers to prevent this damage from occurring.
There can be a commercially produced fire extinguisher or a bucket of dry sand.
Also, a jerry can or container with liquid detergent can serve as a fire extinguisher. This must be placed at strategic positions that can be easily reached.
Read Also: Textile, Wearing Apparel, and Leather Sub-sectors
Also to prevent fire explosions, the following should be considered:
1. Disconnect electricity at the mains.
2. Never throw water at an oil-fuel fire. The belief that water normalizes fire is not true especially when it is an oil-fuel fire. If this is done, it can lead to an outbreak of fire.
3. If you are involved in a fire, stop, drop and roll yourself in a wet blanket if available.
4. Do not store flammable items near heat-producing equipment or naked fire.
5. Provide smoke, fire detectors, and fire alarms and ensure it is loud enough to alert workers in case of accidents.
6. Make sure there is no grease buildup by cleaning everywhere regularly.
7. If somebody has an electric shock or is getting electrocuted, switch off the source of electricity before helping the individual.
8. Stop and start buttons of all electrical appliances must be conspicuous.
9. Cables and power cords should be properly kept and not left to dangle.
10. Do not touch electrical appliances with wet hands.
11. Label fuses properly.
Read Also: Solutions to Flooding in Nigeria
12. Disconnect all electrical appliances before cleaning.
Inconclusively whenever a gas cylinder is used, there should be ventilation and avoid naked electrical appliances, especially with wet hands.