How to Prepare Coleslaw Sandwich is the focus of this article. Read it to the end and learn how to Prepare delicious Coleslaw.
Read Also: How to Prepare Salad in Nigeria
Coleslaw is a cabbage salad. It is a mix of finely sliced carrot, cabbage, and other vegetables. The shredded vegetables can be garnished with salad cream or mayonnaise.
Coleslaw or cabbage salad is most times taken with fried rice or jollof rice in Nigeria. It can also be consumed with spaghetti, moimoi, yam, etc. it also goes well with sliced bread where the salad or coleslaw is used as burger fillings.
Coleslaw or cabbage salad can be eaten anywhere. It can be served at parties. You can also enjoy your coleslaw at home or on a picnic.
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigerian African Salad
Recipe for coleslaw or cabbage salad
To make coleslaw or cabbage salad in Nigeria, the following items or ingredients are needed:
- Cabbage head (you can use both green cabbage and purple cabbage)
- Green bell pepper
- Green peas
- Salad cream and/or mayonnaise
- White onion
How to Prepare Coleslaw
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigerian Fish Pie
Here are procedures for preparing cabbage salad or coleslaw in Nigeria:
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly. You can do this with warm saline water to be very sure that they are clean. Wash the cabbage leaf by leaf to be sure that there are no hidden ants in between the leaves.
- Scrape the skin of the carrots and wash thoroughly.
- Use a special grater to piece the cabbage and the carrots and the cabbage into slim shreds. If the shreds are still big or long, you can use a sharp knife to slice through the shreds.
- Chop your green pepper and your onion into small dice. Drain the liquid from the peas. Pour all the vegetables into a bowl large enough to allow you to mix.
- Mix everything together.
- Pour in your mayonnaise or salad cream and mix. Do not add the mayonnaise yet if you are not ready to consume the cabbage salad immediately. Leave the salad in the fridge.
Now, there are some who like their coleslaw tasty and sweet. If you want this, you can add salt and sugar to your cabbage salad.
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigerian Barbecue Fish
Before adding your mayonnaise or salad cream to the veggie mix, pour your mayonnaise into a small bowl, add sugar and salt to your taste. Mix them together and then pour them into the vegetable mix.
You can eat your coleslaw as a dish on its own. You can equally use it as a side dish accompanying dishes like fried rice, Chinese rice, jollof rice, coconut rice, bread, spaghetti, or anything you can think of. It will be even more enjoyable if you have a lap of barbecue chicken to accompany the dish.