How to Make Multipurpose Liquid Soap is the concern of this article. Read and learn how to make your domestic or commercial liquid soap.
Read Also: How to Start a Laundry Business in Nigeria
Liquid soap is simply soap that is liquid. It is a very popular soap type in Nigeria. It can be used to do kitchen dishes, launder clothing items, and clean the home generally.
Instead of buying liquid soap at exorbitant prices in the market, you can make your own liquid soap at home. You can make liquid soap for commercial purposes.
In this post, you will learn how to mix basic ingredients at home to make liquid soap.
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigerian Agidi
So what are the ingredients needed to produce liquid soap?
Here is a list of materials you need if you want to make liquid soap in Nigeria:
To make 40 liters of liquid soap, you need the following items in the attached quantities.
Sulphonic acid——————————- ————————–2 liters
Caustic soda————————————————————165 grams
Soda ash—————————————————————-245 grams
Sodium laurate sulphate (Laurel rice) —————————10 teaspoonful
Nitrosol —————————————————————- 480 grams
Texapon —————————————————————-10 teaspoonful
Formalin ————————————————————— 1 teaspoonful
Sodium Tripolyphosphate (STPP) ——————————– 10 teaspoonfuls
Perfume or any fragrance of your choice
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigeria Zobo Drink
Note the following points about some of the ingredients
- The laurel rice or SLS is a foaming agent. You do not need too much of it.
- STTP is the thickening agent.
- Caustic Soda is the material that carries the cleaning effect in the soap. Soda ash and nitroso are also cleaning agents.
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigerian Okpa
How to Prepare Liquid Soap in Nigeria
Here are the Procedures on How to Prepare Liquid Soap in Nigeria:
- Dissolve caustic soda in a bowl of water, say 2 liters. It is best if you leave it overnight.
- Also, dissolve the soda ash in a bowl of two liters of water and leave it overnight.
- When you are ready to prepare the liquid soap, dissolve the STTP in 11/2 liters of water.
- Dissolve the sodium laurate sulfate in another bowl of water.
- Dissolve the texapon and the sulphonic acid together. Mix them thoroughly until they dissolve and blend smoothly.
- Add the perfume or fragrance to the sulphonic acid and texapon solution so that your liquid soap can smell nice.
- Pour 10 liters of water into the bowl and stir consistently for 10 minutes.
- Add the dissolved nitroso and stir well until properly blended.
- Pour the dissolved caustic soda into the mix and mix well.
- Add in the soaked soda ash and stir the mixture well until everything blends smoothly. There should be no lumps in the mixture.
- You can add the formalin now if you are using it. Do not use too much of it because it can be very destructive. However, if you do not intend to keep the liquid soap for long, do not use the formalin.
- Pour in the STTP and mix very well before you add the SLS and stir well.
- Add the colorant at this point to give your soap a nice color.
- Add the remaining quantity of water at this moment and stir well until you obtain a smooth mixture. Your soap should not be too watery. Stir for about 5 minutes.
- Your liquid soap is ready. It is however advisable that you leave it for a day or two before using it.