Easiest Way to Make Yogurt brings to your perusals the guide on how to Prepare Yogurt. Read and learn how to make your sweet yogurt.
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigeria Zobo Drink
Yogurt or yogurt! Such a yummy liquid snack. You could make do with a cup of chill yogurt on a hot sunny afternoon. The word yogurt itself has its origin in Turkey. It is made from fermented milk.
Fruits can also be added to yogurt. You can learn how to make yogurt by yourself and save yourself the extra cost of buying expensive poorly made yogurt. You can equally start selling yogurt after learning from this post.
There are many types of yogurts. Some of them include traditional yogurt (unrestrained), Greek yogurt, soy yogurt, coconut yogurt, goat milk yogurt, etc.
Read Also: How to Start Drinks Business in Nigeria
Recipe for yogurt
- Full cream milk
- Warm water
- Plain store-bought yogurt
- Sweetening agents like sugar or honey
- Flavors of fruit extracts
How to Prepare Nigeria Yogurt
Here are the Procedures on How to Prepare Nigeria Yogurt:
- Mix a glass of warm water with a glass of full cream milk in a clean bowl. Let it cool without refrigeration.
- Add plain yogurt to the mixture. Stir it well and leave it covered with a piece of a clean and white towel. It will take about 3 to 4 hours to ferment.
- After about 4 hours, drain the mixture. Take out the froth on top and leave it covered at room temperature overnight.
- Add the sweetener and any flavor or fruit extract to your yogurt.
- Refrigerate it and serve chill.
Read Also: How to Prepare Liquid Soap in Nigeria
Here is Another Method on How to Prepare Nigeria Yogurt:
- Use a clean pot to heat up your milk.
- Put off the fire and let the milk get from hot to warm.
- Add the plain yogurt base to the warm milk and stir until everything blends well.
- Use a tightly fitting cover for the bowl and leave it in the oven. Turn on the oven light and let the mixture stay for about 7-12 hours. The longer it stays the tangier or sour the taste will be.
- Bring it out of the oven and add the flavors, sweetening agents, and fruits of your taste.
- Leave it in the fridge for over an hour.
Serve it chill.
Read Also: How to Prepare Nigerian Okpa
Here is yet a Third Method on How to Prepare Nigeria Yogurt:
- Heat your milk with high heat for about 4 minutes. Let the milk bubble and the sides of the saucepan.
- Let the milk cool to a lukewarm temperature before you add about 2 tablespoons of powdered milk. Stir it well until milk is thoroughly mixed or dissolved.
- After that, add two tablespoons of the live yogurt culture and whisk well. You can use an electric whisk or a blender to do this.
- Transfer the mixture to a container that can be used inside a hot oven.
- Turn on the oven and let it warm for about 5 minutes before putting it off. Turn on the oven light and leave it on.
- Put the mixture in the oven and leave it there for more than 4 hours. It will be better if it stays overnight.
- Remove the yogurt from the oven in the morning. Strain it using a piece of clean cotton material. Let the yogurt drain at a slow pace.
- Refrigerate the yogurt for at least 2 hours.