10 Ways to Manage an Entertainment without an Event Planner is discussed in this article and we hope you find it informative.
Successful Event Planning
Read Also: How to Become an Event Planner in Nigeria
Entertainment is an activity that is designed to give pleasure or relaxation to an audience, no matter whether the audience participates passively as in watching a movie, or actively as in games. Most entertainment could be in the form of a birthday party, a wedding ceremony, or other pleasurable events.
This article will focus on ten ways to manage entertainment and how to use these ways to put on an event for the enjoyment or amusement of others even without an event planner.
Ways To Manage An Entertainment Without An Event Planner:
1. Plan your entertainment well in advance. Most times event planners are needed because of time insufficiency. One way you can handle this is not only to plan your entertainment in advance but also to decide on the number of guests and what to serve.
Read Also: How to Become Nigeria Actor
When deciding on the number of guests, one should also create space for surplus. You know it’s better for you to have items in surplus than in shortage ad this could be very embarrassing.
2. Send invitations well in advance to enable the guests to make plans to attend your party. You don’t have to pass all Invitations formerly but you can also make it informal depending on the personality of the person you are inviting. Some invitations may be issued in person, on the telephone, or written through notes.
3. Choose simple but nourishing dishes that are not difficult to prepare. The more complicated the meal is, the more time-consuming it becomes, and vice versa. Dishes that can be prepared in advance are the best.
4. Clean the cutlery, glasses, dishes, towels, or napkins unless you have paper napkins or serviette and keep them ready for use.
5. Set the table in advance. Ensure that everything needed for the party is ready and in the right place. Setting a proper table tells a lot about an event and surprising the person involved so you won’t like people to complain or keep asking for spoons and cutleries. This is very embarrassing.
Read Also: How to Write Drama
6. Be ready, relaxed, and tidy to receive the guests. Do not keep them waiting. On many occasions when people arrive at the scheduled time and the event starts, it gives them a sense of relief.
Most people arrive late on occasions with the ideology that it started late and if this is avoided, they will feel they’ve missed a lot, and If they arrive without the event starting most people are willing to live on many occasions.
7. Guests who arrive early should be kept busy while waiting for others. The hostess or host can do this by presenting them with different types of magazines, newspapers, or family albums.
It may be necessary to give them snacks such as kola nuts or groundnuts to remedy this situation or even play music to entertain them.
8. Initiate and keep the conversation going throughout the meal. Try to draw every guest into the conversation so that no one feels left out. This can improve the self-worth of somebody especially when a good conversation is raised.
Read Also: The Richest Nollywood Actress in Nigeria
9. Do not start clearing until the last person has finished eating. So that no one will have to rush his or her meal.
10. Stack the dirty plates and cutlery neatly on the draining board. Put pans to soak and wash up after the guests have gone.
Now, you can manage your own event without the services of an event planner.