Ingredients and how to Prepare Shawarma are given herein. Read it attentively and learn How to Prepare Shawarma in Nigeria.
Read Also: How to Prepare Fried Rice in Nigeria
Shawarma is a very tasty and delicious snack. It is a popular snack that can be eaten anywhere and anytime. Find out How to Prepare Shawarma in Nigeria.
But it is somewhat expensive and that seems to discourage consumption. The good news is that you can make your own shawarma at home.
To make shawarma in Nigeria, you need the following ingredients:
- Deboned chicken breasts (de-boned or boneless)
- Chicken thighs/laps (de-boned or boneless)
- Shawarma bread (pita bread or tortilla wraps)
- Vegetable or olive oil (for frying)
Read Also: How to Prepare Pancake in Nigeria
- Onion powder
- Seasoning cube
- Black pepper
- Chili pepper
- Vegetable or olive oil
- Lemon Juice (optional)
- Foil paper
Read Also: How to Prepare Tapioca in Nigeria
How to make Shawarma in Nigeria
Here are Steps on How to make Shawarma in Nigeria:
- Chop the chicken flesh into tiny strips. Pour the strips into a bowl and add the marinade. Leave it to marinate for a minimum of two hours. Make sure the container is covered. You can leave the marinade overnight in the fridge.
- Heat a minimal amount of vegetable oil in a pan and stir-fry the marinated chicken until the strips turn golden brown. Set it aside for later use.
- Spread your foil paper on a clean and flat surface. Place your flatbread on the foil paper. If you so wish, you can double the bread.
- Mix mayonnaise and ketchup together. Some folks call this mayo- ketch spread the mixture on the laid-out flatbread. You can remain it for further use.
- Spread or lay out the prepared vegetables on the spread flatbread. Spread the fried chicken on the vegetable. If you so wish, you can add some slices of cooked sausage to it.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise and ketchup mixture on top of everything you have laid out. Sprinkle a small quantity of dry pepper.
- Gently roll the flatbread with all the garnishing.
- After rolling it, wrap it up with the foil paper.
- Put the wrap inside an oven or a sandwich maker and allow it to grill for about five (5) minutes. If you do not have an oven or a sandwich maker, place the wrap in a dry frypan and simmer it for about the same length of time.
Read Also: How to Prepare Doughnut in Nigeria
Take it out after a while and your Shawarma is ready. Serve hot. You can take along with it a fruit smoothie, a chilled drink, or some flavored tea.
Note that beef can be substituted for chicken. You can also use fish. It all depends on your taste.
Enjoy your homemade Nigerian Shawarma.