15 Benefits of Physical Exercise will point to you to the rudiments of exercise and its benefits in order to motivate your interest in it.
- Doing Exercise Reduces Pains
- Exercise makes one feel better
- Doing Exercise Improves Skin Health
- Exercise helps in weight loss
- Doing Exercise Promotes a Better Sex Life
- Exercise Increases Energy Levels
- Doing Exercise is very Good for Muscles and Bones
- Doing Exercise Helps Brain Health and Memory
- Exercise Reduces the Risk of Chronic Disease
- Doing Exercise Helps with Relaxation and Sleep Quality
- Exercise Helps in Immune Functioning
- Doing Exercise Helps Improve Breathing
- Doing Exercise Reduces the risk of arthritis
- Exercise Boosts Memory
- Exercise Builds Intelligence
Read Also: Why And How You Should Lose Weight
Exercise according to Merriam Webster means bodily exertion for the sake of developing and maintaining physical fitness.
Exercise is considered inevitable because it strengthens and improves blood circulation and therefore raises the body’s oxygen level. This, in turn, helps in lowering the risk of heart diseases such as heart attack, coronary artery disease, and high cholesterol.
Research and experience have proven that exercise also helps in lowering triglyceride levels and blood pressure.
There are considerably three basic principles to adhere to in other to achieve a result-oriented exercise.
Types of Exercise
There are three major types of exercise:
Aerobic exercise, sometimes known as cardio exercise is a kind that requires the pumping of oxygenated blood in order to deliver oxygen to the muscles.
It causes the heart rate and breathing rate to stimulate thereby increasing and sustaining the exercise session.
Apart from physical fitness, aerobic kind of exercise also helps in emotional health. It can also help reduce or prevent the chance of developing cancer, depression, diabetes, osteoporosis, and cardiovascular disease.
Examples of aerobic exercise include: running, walking, swimming, spinning, hiking, dancing, kickboxing, cross country skiing, aerobic classes, etc.
Anaerobic exercise is the kind of physical exercise that is intense enough to cause lactate to form. It is mostly used by athletes in non-endurance sports in order to promote, speed, strength, and power. Body Builders also use exercise to build muscle mass.
Examples of the anaerobic kind of exercise include jumping, heavyweight training, and sprinting (running or cycling). The prime benefit of anaerobic exercise is to build strong muscles.
Flexibility exercise which is also called stretching exercise is a kind that is done by simply stretching different parts of the body. Examples of this kind of exercise include stretching, tai chi, pilates, and yoga.