7 Weight Loss Tips That Work are provided herein. Weight loss is the only solution to overweight and obesity. This will help you a lot.
Weight Loss Tips That Work
Read Also: Variant Misuse of the Word CONVOCATION
Weight Loss Measures:
- Be conscious and deliberate about losing some weight
- Check your diet and physical activities
- Be involved in a little corporal exercise daily
- Avoid many starchy vegetables
- Reduce or quit the intake of alcohol
- Be interested in and passionate about weight loss
- Avoid liquid calories
Bodyweight is a person’s mass or weight. The measurement of Bodyweight is done in kilograms. Although in the United States, Human Body weight is measured in pounds, and in the United Kingdom, the measurement is done in stones and pounds.
Normal weight is measured BMI is 18.5 to 24.9.
Underweight is measured BMI is less than 18.5.
Overweight is measured BMI is 25 to 29.9.
Obese: BMI is 30 or more.
The index of Body mass or BMI is to help determine your weight to guide you against overweight or obesity. BMI numbering is done in accordance with your weight and height.
Generally, the higher the number, the more increased a person’s body fat. BMI is normally used as a tool for screening to decipher if a person’s weight might be at risk of health problems such as heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
BMI is used in extensively defining different weight groups in adults about 20 years old or older. These groups apply to men and women.
Read Also: Politics in Nigeria; Problems and Solutions
Why is it important to lose weight?
Obesity is very detrimental to one’s health. As a matter of fact, it is a threat to life and excess weight puts much strain on the human heart.
Being overweight raises blood pressure and cholesterol and this can lead to diabetes.
Weight Loss is a great way to reduce the risk of heart problems and other diseases.
Drinking lots of water is also very helpful.
How to Achieve Weight Loss
Without having to do exercise, weight loss can be achieved through diet if eaten less than 910 calories daily. A person can lose 1 pound of body fat if daily calories are reduced by 500 per day for one week.
Read Also: A Complete And Chronological History of Nigeria
Here are brief explanations of the above-outlined measures for Weight Loss :
1. Be conscious that you want to reduce your weight and this consciousness will help you avoid some kinds of food.
Not everything that tastes good in the mouth is good for the body. Some taste good food, as a matter of fact, is very harmful to the body.
2. There are mobile apps available for tracking calories and that could be very helpful in determining what and what not to allow into your system.
Be truthful to yourself and don’t eat everything your mouth desires. A little pity for oneself is recommended if that doesn’t sound funny.
3. Corporal exercise is very helpful and profitable to one’s health. It helps a great deal in Weight Loss. If exercise is done consistently, no matter what you eat, be assured of proper fitness.
We are going to write content specifically on the topic of Exercise, so get to read it in a few 2days.
4. Starchy food is not good for the body and much intake of it could very be harmful to the body and so, it should be checked.
5. Anyone who is serious about weight loss is advised to quit alcohol. This is because alcohol has about 75% calories compared to carbs and protein.
In addition to this, the body considers alcohol poisonous because alcohol gets metabolized firstly by the liver and this is harmful to the liver. It also lowers inhibitions and causes dehydration, which is likely to make us overeat.
6. One has to be passionate about and interested in Weight Loss in order to successfully achieve it.
7. Liquid calories come from added sugars in food and drinks and this is not needed in a body that on the process of achieving Weight Loss.
People who drink plenty of sugar from eating sugary food are likely to develop belly fat, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, high blood pressure, weight gain, gout, and triglycerides.
Read Also: Basic Things to Know About Abia State
Sweetened teas and drinks are not advised if Weight Loss is taken seriously.
Achieving Weight Loss is not for lazy people but determined people who are really to work to achieve it and you should know this before embarking on it. This is not to discourage you, of course, you need to be free from overweight and obesity.
Leave a comment to let us know if this was helpful!