7 Guidelines For Choosing A Good Washing Machine are given in this article and we hope you find it helpful and informative.
Washing machines are labor-saving devices that ease the family laundry problems. There are different types of washing machines.
There are usually classified as non-automatic, automatic, and semi-automatic, depending upon the number of operations they perform without workers being needed to control them.
Read Also: How a Hydraulic Machine Operates
The nonautomatic, worker does much of the work of handling the fabrics. She also starts and stops the machine and changes water when necessary.
A semi-automatic washer reduces the handling of clothes, but the worker operates the controls during the steps of the washing cycle.
An automatic washer can usually be set in operation and left to carry on a routine washing process without further aid.
Read Also: How a Pneumatic Machine Works
Hence, before choosing a good machine the following should be kept in place.
A plentiful supply of water preferably thinks of having a tap over the washing machine. Heat should be provided to heat the water because most substances causing dirt in garments dissolve more readily in hot water.
Suitable detergent removes the dirt. There are special detergents for washing machines. The detergent performs the chemical action in the washing process.
Guidelines For Choosing A Good Washing Machine
Read Also: Important Tools for Aspiring Dressmaker
The following guidelines must be considered before choosing a washing machine:
1. Choose a machine that is suited to the family’s needs and conditions.
2. consider the money available. The cost of the machine should be within the financial limits of the family.
3. consider the space available in the house for the equipment.
4. consider the type of water supply that is available. Some machines require individual water taps.
5. Considering the servicing facilities available is important, for a machine can break down in the middle. Quick servicing is important, for a machine can break down in the middle of a wash.
6. safety devices that protect people and the machine are important features to look out for when selecting a washing machine.
Read Also: Important Things About Belt and Chain Drives
For instance, a device that makes it possible for washing action to stop when the cover is opened prevents fingers from being caught in a moving cylinder. A fuse can prevent the motor from burning out and so avoid an expensive repair.
7. before buying make sure that you understand fully how to use the machine according to the manufacturer’s demonstration and the wash operates the machine well.
After choosing a good washing machine, you need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions strictly. Load the washing machine properly and sort out the materials according to the type of fiber, color, soil, and linting. Have a supply of hot and Coldwater.
The hot water should be able to provide normal temperatures. Have sufficient water pressure, especially for automatic washing machines with time-controlled filling.
This filling will not be complete if the pressure is too low. Use a suitable detergent, and measure accurately. Too much detergent will prevent washing action and too little detergent will not provide cleaning chemical action.
Read Also: How To Choose A Good Vacuum Cleaner
In conclusion, this is important to note that some machines have to run for a fixed time, in order that both mechanical and chemical action through the use of detergent can be satisfactorily completed if you want to choose a good washing machine for your laundry.